Friday, August 21, 2009

Where Does Jesus Live?

Does Jesus live in the ceremonies of the church or through the people who believe in Him?

What makes a church sacred?

My church recently spoke on the subject of what it means to give cheerfully as it says in 2 Corinthians 9:7. In the days of the Old Testament, the Feast of Weeks opened with an offering of first fruits (Numbers 28:26). This was done in a setting of celebration, so likewise, Bay Area Fellowship introduced offering in a setting of celebration. Click here for the video. I am confident that hundreds of people for the first time understood what it meant to cheerfully give.

Someone thought this was "sacrilege" and that Jesus would not have approved. And, for that, I have only this to respond with, what makes a church sacred? Does Jesus live in the ceremonies performed on any given Sunday, or does He live through the people who believe in Him?

After five years of attending my church, I have seen it reach the lost by teaching the Gospel in a way that the lost understand. I have seen the people of this "sacrilegious" church give to the poor, baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, bring THOUSANDS of people to know Christ, rebuild churches, feed the hungry, help widows and orphans, and so much more.

It's not the building that makes a church Holy and sacred ground. It is the heart of the people IN the church body that make a church Holy and sacred ground. I am 215 lbs of sovereign territory of the Kingdom of God. Wherever I go, I hope and pray to be used as light and salt for His will. The same goes for all of you (give or take, some of you don't weigh what I do.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valuable to me and the discussion of this blog.

Use the "Name/URL" (no need to leave a URL) or "Anonymous" options for commenting.