Friday, January 20, 2012

Going through letters to and from Iraq

This was something I had found in Baghdad (April/May 2003) that I sent to Liv while I was there. I had a military intelligence linguist who traveled with us to translate for me. These were Psy Ops fliers that were dropped all over the country to discourage the Iraqis from fighting against us. For the most part, it seemed to work, and many Iraqis I came across on checkpoints would show me this slip of paper like it was some sort of hall pass to let them through the checkpoint without getting harassed or killed.

Front reads, "Saddam loses the support of his military forces." Two copies, one with translation written on it and one in its original form.

Back, one copy with translation, one copy as the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valuable to me and the discussion of this blog.

Use the "Name/URL" (no need to leave a URL) or "Anonymous" options for commenting.