Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Speaking at a Middle School Bible Club

July 2003, Homecoming.
A really cool thing came out of Emma doing a bunch of shout-outs to her teachers in Episode 26 of Family Time Q&A. One of those teachers, Ms. Kirkpatrick, invited me to share my testimony with the school’s bible club.

Over 35 middle school students plus five adults gathered before school started each with a glazed doughnut in hand to listen to my story

I gave an account of my experiences in Operation Iraqi Freedom through the sharing of a Prezi, plus a couple of demonstrations, and ended with a tear-soaked conclusion about how Olivia prayed for a deal with God. If He brought me home alive, then she would do anything she could to bring me to church and have a relationship with Him. 

Side note: the tears were mostly my own.



Ms. Garza, the faculty sponsor of the club, arranged for a closing activity where students wrote the name of someone they know who doesn’t yet have a relationship with Christ. Their task now is to pray for that person by name throughout the school year as well as all the other names that were written.

The opportunity to speak to Emma’s Bible Club was another humbling experience of how God is using my story to inspire others to make a difference in the world.

I believe we each have a story to tell that inspires people to make a difference in their own lives and in the lives of others.

What is your life-changing story that would inspire others? Feel free to share in the comments below, or send me an email.

RELATED POSTS AND ARTICLES

Download Strength Revisited, a free eBook download based on my TEDxCorpusChristi Talk about how we define strength in manhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valuable to me and the discussion of this blog.

Use the "Name/URL" (no need to leave a URL) or "Anonymous" options for commenting.