Monday, September 7, 2009

How I Came to Christ - The Short Story.

My story of how I came to Christ is a 12-month journey that begins with a firefight in Iraq, to the beating of looters in Baghdad, to sitting in church services in Georgia with Olivia, and FINALLY receiving Christ on a summer afternoon at Bay Area Fellowship then getting baptized a few weeks later. Before this journey, I spoke against the Church, I spoke against the Bible as truth, and I spoke against tithing, but I was never brave enough to speak against God's existence. My journey to receive Jesus Christ as my Savior began because I saw the monster within me, and I realized that my wife and children needed a man to raise them the right way. That man was either going to be me, or someone else, and I chose that it would be me. Satan has no reign on my life and I am submitted to Christ.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Jerry! at least it didn't take a major catastrophe to come unto Him. Olivia and the kids will benefit from your example!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Jerry. Sounds like a truly interesting LONG story that I'd love to hear/read sometime!
    Blessings to you & your family! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valuable to me and the discussion of this blog.

Use the "Name/URL" (no need to leave a URL) or "Anonymous" options for commenting.