Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Art of Marriage comes to Corpus Christi, November 11-12, 2011.



Marriage video-conference coming to Corpus Christi, November 11-12. "The Art of Marriage" by FamilyLife hosted by Tony & Alma Montana at Calvary Baptist Church. Register at http://wtrcc.webconnex.com/aomcbc. Cost is $37. Event runs Friday 7p-9:30p and Saturday 9a-4p. Refreshments, of course, but no childcare so plan accordingly.

Why Should You Attend, Guys?
The funny thing about most men is that we will take the time to take care of our cars because we do not want them to break down. Some of us will go to the doctor because we do not want our bodies to break down. What do we do to make sure that our families do not break down? What tools do we have available to us to make sure that we are doing the absolute best that we can as fathers and husbands?

I am a firm believer that the U.S. Army had it right when they say, "Knowledge is power." There is no weakness in taking my wife to an event like "The Art of Marriage". In fact, by attending and participating in this event, I may gain knowledge, or be reminded of knowledge, that will strengthen my marriage just a little bit more. The closer I am to my wife, the stronger our family is, and the stronger our demonstration of God's love for our family to the world. God can use our marriages as an example for others to follow in a world where we place emphasis on professional success over family success. I have never heard of a man on his death bed saying, "I wish I could sell just one more widget, or that I was #1 at work." From what I have experienced and heard, most men wish they could have spent just one more day or moment with the ones they loved the most, or that they had spent more time with their wives and children when they had the chance.

Now is our chance. Don't let it pass you by. A day and a half is a great investment of time in the one earthly relationship that should matter the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valuable to me and the discussion of this blog.

Use the "Name/URL" (no need to leave a URL) or "Anonymous" options for commenting.