Friday, May 4, 2012

I was watching this 22-minute T.E.D. video this morning and it hit me that the topic was so closely related to a study I was signed up for recently called "The Fear of the Lord" by John Bevere.




Video Synopsis: (I underlined the passages that caught my attention)
Is there more than one universe? In this visually rich, action-packed talk, Brian Greene shows how the unanswered questions of physics (starting with a big one: What caused the Big Bang?) have led to the theory that our own universe is just one of many in the "multiverse."

Brian Greene is perhaps the best-known proponent of superstring theory, the idea that minuscule strands of energy vibrating in a higher dimensional space-time create every particle and force in the universe. 

Jerry's Thoughts:

John Bevere talks about atomic energy, and the binding force of every miniscule thing in the universe, so we see God in the big things and the smallest. Funny how the world tends to think that science disproves the existence of God. As a science holder of a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry-Biology, I cannot help but see HOW science explains how God did "that".

I always thought that God was big, but that was in relation to the world, Earth, and to myself. I wanted to share with you how this course (even though you haven't seen me there much) has shown me how big God really is, and how I cannot even fathom how big that means. If God is the Creator of all things, and there is the possibility of multiple universes, and God measures our own universe in the span of His hand, AND in all that He loved me so much that He gave His only Son to die for my sins, then who am I to tell God what to do? Why have my prayers often been about do-this-for-me-God? The boom that John Bevere heard in that church in Brazil was NOTHING compared to what God can really do. All the signs in the Bible where God demonstrated His awesome power was nothing compared to what He can really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valuable to me and the discussion of this blog.

Use the "Name/URL" (no need to leave a URL) or "Anonymous" options for commenting.