Saturday, January 25, 2014

What One Word Will Drive You in 2014?

So, there I was! (As all good Army stories begin, except this isn't an Army story.) I was spending time reflecting on 2013 and writing out my action steps for 2014 when an email popped up from a good friend of mine.

The subject line read, "One Word." Expecting to read a rant, I opened the email. What I found instead was a challenge to "find one word that will define your year," then tie a verse to it from the Bible.

I liked the idea, so my word is "FOUNDATION", and my verse is from 1 Corinthians 3:11, "For no one can lay any foundation other than the one we already have - Jesus Christ." I thought this was fitting for me as I dedicated 2014 to laying down the foundation for my dreams in the context I have chosen.

Screen shot of www.oneword365.com

What is the word you will use to describe your new year? Leave a comment below.

Resources:
Craig Groeschel sermon that inspired the challenge from my friend. "Small Things Big Difference Part 1: Your One Word"

Check out www.OneWord365.com and find others who have the same word as you for support. 

Share your one word on Twitter #oneword365.

Sign up to receive my posts via e-mail

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valuable to me and the discussion of this blog.

Use the "Name/URL" (no need to leave a URL) or "Anonymous" options for commenting.