Saturday, March 15, 2014

How to Read Kindle eBooks Without a Kindle Device: 3 Easy Steps

I come across friends and family who say they'd like to read a particular eBook title, but can't because it's only available on Amazon Kindle. 

These folks often have either a Nook or an iPad/iPhone, but their assumption is they're limited only to the books on their devices platform such as iBookstore, Barnes & Noble or Google Play. 

This is not the case, and I can show you three easy steps to get started on reading eBooks from Amazon if you have a Nook HD/HD+, iPhone, iPad, Nexus 7, or other tablet device that is not a Kindle eReader device. Heck, I'll show you how you can read eBooks from Amazon from your smartphone!

No Kindle? No Problem!
Kindle has a free eReader app that can be downloaded on your preferred mobile device or tablet, even the newer versions of the Barnes & Noble Nook HD and HD+ can download the Kindle app through the Google Play store.  



Don't have a smartphone or tablet?
I bet you at least have a computer. eBooks started out as computer-based documents, so naturally there is the Cloud Reader where you can read from a Web browser if you don't want to download the program itself.

Why read eBooks from Amazon?
  • Amazon holds 67% of the market share when it comes to eBook sales, followed by Nook at 25% and iBooks at about 5%.
  • It is a platform that was made easy for self-publishers like myself.
  • 1-Click Purchases makes downloading your favorite titles even easier. 
  • Amazon Prime allows readers to borrow eBooks like from a library.
How You Can Read Kindle eBooks in Three Easy Steps...Without the Kindle Device
1. set up an Amazon account

2. Download and install the FREE Kindle app...
  • iTunes
  • Google Play
  • Blackberry Store
  • Amazon
3. Set up your Kindle app so that it is linked to your Amazon account.

Other Neat Things About Amazon Kindle
  • Download samples before you buy
  • Create a "Wishlist" of titles you'd like to purchase later, like on payday, or someday
  • Share eBooks with other Kindle users, comment below if you'd like to learn how to do that!
Now, My Ulterior Motive! Bwah ha ha!

That was probably the wrong place for a maniacal laugh. Sorry. However, now that you are able to read Kindle eBooks on your non-Kindle device, you can check out my recent eBook, Use Your Smartphone to Lose Weight. It covers not just the apps that I used in 2013 to lose 56 pounds steadily over time, but the strategies I employed, and how I discovered my "Why?" for living. It's a personal journey that I share with you in hopes to inspire you, encourage you, and help you reach your dreams...even if they have nothing to do with physical fitness. Click here to get your copy today.



Sign up for my email list, and you'll also receive a list of resources I use including my Evernote Life Planning Template

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valuable to me and the discussion of this blog.

Use the "Name/URL" (no need to leave a URL) or "Anonymous" options for commenting.