Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Episode 24 - A Father-Son Chat, School Sports, Favorite TV Shows, Strength Revisited



I can’t believe that my son is already turning 13 years old this week!


This kid...

Jacob, age 4. Photo courtesy of Sylvia Vega (aka "Grammies!")

…is now this kid!

August 2014, age 13-ish. Photo courtesy of
Olivia Dugan (aka "Mommy!")



Yes, Jacob is officially taller than I am by at least an inch now.

Awards assembly, May 2014.

Click here to subscribe and receive freebies like a copy of Strength Revisited, my Evernote Life Planning/Goal Setting Template, and email updates.

SHOW NOTES
Question to Jacob: What sport do you look forward to most in the 2014-2015 school year?


Question to me: What is my favorite (all-time) TV show?


Our question to you: Jacob and I talk about Divergent, and I only named four of five factions. What is the one faction that I forgot to mention? Comment below, or email me at jerrysdugan@gmail.com.


Strength Revisited, a short eBook based on my TEDxCorpusChristi Talk about how we define strength in manhood. Download your copy now! Share this link with your family and friends, too.


Corpus Christi Harbor BridgeWalk is held on Sunday of the first full weekend of the month. The route begins from Heritage Park with a safety announcement and group photo. Once the 3.4-mile route is complete, participants can get a ticket punched (five walks gets you a free t-shirt), enjoy demonstrations from local fitness groups, and re-nourish your body with water and fruit. 

Run or Dye is coming to Corpus Christi November 15, 2014. I really need to get running to build up my endurance, and ultimately keep up with Jacob. That guy can really run.

Weekend to Remember Marriage Getaway
Save $100/couple by using the Group Name “Corpus Christi” when you register to attend a getaway. Corpus Christi will host Weekend to Remember on May 29-31, 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valuable to me and the discussion of this blog.

Use the "Name/URL" (no need to leave a URL) or "Anonymous" options for commenting.