Tuesday, January 12, 2010

How Long Has Man Missed God?

Reading Genesis 1-16 today (yes, still reading it, and it'll probably take a lot of little spurts throughout the day to get through it all).

First of all, if you have a Blackberry mobile phone, I highly recommend that you download the YouVersion app and choose a bible reading program. Somehow reading scriptures on a small screen has allowed me to focus on His word almost line by line, and I picked up on something that I never noticed before.

I used to think that man only started crying out to God. But, now, I noticed on my Blackberry Genesis 4:26. Now, Chapter 4 isn't easy to read. That's when we start getting into the "begats" that I tend to skim over. Verses 25-26 really caught my attention. I never realized that Seth was the third son of Adam who replaced Abel, but it was verse 26 that blew me away. "At that time men began to call on the name of the Lord."

Adam and Eve had a direct line to God at the very beginning but ruined it by eating the forbidden fruit, and it seems that within 2 generations Man was starved for God's presence in their lives calling out to him. Calling out to God is more than about asking for help and crying for salvation. It's also about being in His presence like a child with his or her father enjoying warmth, safety, security, and love.

Bottom line, we need God in our lives and we don't feel complete until we do. Call out to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valuable to me and the discussion of this blog.

Use the "Name/URL" (no need to leave a URL) or "Anonymous" options for commenting.