Monday, December 19, 2011

Oh, They Found Me! Accoutability is a Good Thing.



I received an e-mail from YouVersion today holding me accountable to a One-Year Bible reading plan I signed up for.
"When life gets busy, sometimes it’s hard to keep up with everything. But when we make time for God’s Word, it has a way of putting all of that activity into perspective. It looks like you’re a bit behind on your The One Year ® Bible plan, so we thought we’d share a few of our favorite tips for getting back on track:"
While I should feel very ashamed for not keeping up with my Bible and the one-year plan I committed to (over a year ago), I am excited to receive this kind of accountability and encouragement from YouVersion. I guess I need to do my part and continue with my commitment to read through the entire Bible rather than repeat the same pattern of starting and stopping. I've done that every year for the past five or six years...okay, seven. I don't have much excuse, because I have the YouVersion Bible app on my Blackberry and I always have my Blackberry on me.

Insanity is repeating the same process over and over again, but expecting different results every time. Accountability can help me break my own cycles of insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valuable to me and the discussion of this blog.

Use the "Name/URL" (no need to leave a URL) or "Anonymous" options for commenting.