Tuesday, October 15, 2013

TEDx Corpus Christi, November 8, 2013!

I am excited to say that I will be one of ten speakers for the 2013 TEDx Corpus Christi event. The event will be held at Del Mar Center for Economic Development in Corpus Christi on November 8, 2013 from 1:30-5:30pm. This is a leap of faith for me, and one I am glad to take.

My topic is titled "Redefining 'Strength' for Men". I believe that today's expectations of men are a caricature of what a complete man can be. There is a hyper-focus on strength (hyper-masculinity) to the point that we are limited to anger and humor as "manly expressions" and anything else is a sign of weakness. I actually believe we are weaker and less capable in our relationships as a result of hyper-masculinity.

I will definitely post a link of the YouTube video after the event.

In the next three weeks, I will meet with a coach twice. The first meeting will be to outline my talk. The second meeting will be a dry run. A dress rehearsal is scheduled for November 7, then it is showtime on November 8! TED Talks are famous for having well-planned and executed talks as a way of quickly and effectively sharing ideas. In fact, their mission is to "spread ideas".

If you live in Corpus Christi, you can purchase tickets from the TEDx Corpus Christi website. I'd love to see you there!

What would you talk about if you had a shot to do a TED Talk?

If you found this post to be helpful or inspirational and you’d like to see more like this, then treat me to a cup of coffee, a taco, or leave a tip as a way to show your support. I thank you in advance! Click the “Donate” button below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valuable to me and the discussion of this blog.

Use the "Name/URL" (no need to leave a URL) or "Anonymous" options for commenting.