Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Case for Water Consumption, a New Habit

Photo taken by de:Benutzer:Alex Anlicker using a Nikon Coolpix 950.
Simply banishing a bad habit is not enough to correct the problem we face. If we do not replace the bad habit with a good one, we are doomed to bring back the old habit in greater force. I replaced sodas in my diet with water in January 2013, and experienced a weight loss even though I changed nothing else in my diet and my exercise regimen was probably not enough to contribute to the weight loss. The aim was to drink half my body weight in ounces. (US News)

I did not completely banish sodas in 2013. In fact, I enjoyed maybe an 8-ounce serving every month, drinking roughly a gallon in a year. Maybe 2 gallons. That is a huge difference from drinking a gallon every three to four days! In much the same way that New Coke was inferior to the original Coca-Cola Classic, water is by far the superior beverage to any soft drink on the market. With determination and consistency, I created a new habit of drinking water throughout the day and in lieu of sodas.

How much water do you drink per day? Comment below.

Sign up to receive my posts via e-mail

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valuable to me and the discussion of this blog.

Use the "Name/URL" (no need to leave a URL) or "Anonymous" options for commenting.