Monday, September 29, 2014

Episode 30 - A Father-Son Talk on Why It’s Important to Honor Our Mothers

Click here to subscribe and receive a free copy of Strength Revisited.







I wanted to take a moment to talk with Jacob about someone I call “The Proverbs 31 Man”. (Proverbs 31:11, 23, 28, The Holy Bible, NIV.)


Before you ask, “What did he do to receive that talk?” I want to let you know that he didn't do anything. Jacob loves spending time with Olivia, probably more than he loves spending time with me!


On a serious note, I just really had Proverbs 31:28 on my heart this weekend, and the best way to convey that to our children is to first model it for them. That is what we are doing in this episode.


Mom, I love you, and you’ll hear in what way I am most proud of you in this episode.


Jacob’s question to me: What will you be doing in your new job? (Yes, I started a new job the week we recorded this episode.)


My question to Jacob: When thinking about your mother, what is one thing about her that you are most proud of? (Side note: Jacob wasn't happy with his answer, and wanted to explain in a future guest blog post.)


Our question to you: What are you most proud of in your mother? Comment below.


SHOW NOTES












So, how old do you have to be to run for political office (Presidency, Senate, or House of Representatives?) BOOM! I was right! - Wikipedia answer here.


The Proverbs 31 Man [Archive Post]











Strength Revisited, a free eBook download based on my TEDxCorpusChristi Talk about how we define strength in manhood.

My opening was a tribute to Leslie Samuel of the Learning With Leslie podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valuable to me and the discussion of this blog.

Use the "Name/URL" (no need to leave a URL) or "Anonymous" options for commenting.