Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My First Speaking Engagement - On My Own



If you are in Corpus Christi on June 14, make a stop at Bay Area Fellowship-Westside for their Men's Conference starting at 7pm, 3701 Mueller, Corpus Christi. There will be food, worship music, and I will have the honor and privilege to be a keynote speaker for the first time ever. The topic will be about 5 ways men can better understand an often misunderstood passage on headship in marriage, Ephesians 5:22-30. It's a topic I have been wanting to talk about for years to as many men who will listen.
 I have been a public speaker for years, but always delivering someone else's message. This weekend, I will be speaking on my own, my own time, my own resources, and my own message without hindrance of rules or grant requirements.

Ultimately, the message is still someone else's message. It's the message I feel God has placed on my heart to share with men everywhere about headship in marriage in the context of Jesus Christ. (Inspired by the blog post "5 Ways to Make Your Wife Submit to You". At the writing of this post, 38% of the viewers of the mentioned blog post found the post by running a Google search on the phrase "how to make wife submit" or variations of it. I hope my post helped to enlighten some of those who searched that phrase.) When we put headship in the context of Jesus Christ, and how He led, we can have a better understanding of servant leadership in marriage. Oftentimes, men get this passage (Ephesians 5:22-30) wrong and wind up abusing the very women God entrusted to them to treat as equals through a marriage covenant. I hope to fix that for as many marriages as possible. For the men who are not married, it is still a great message about servant leadership.


What one message would you want to get out to as many people as possible? What's stopping you from getting that message out?

Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valuable to me and the discussion of this blog.

Use the "Name/URL" (no need to leave a URL) or "Anonymous" options for commenting.