Monday, July 19, 2010

A Shift in Gears for Me.

Olivia and I have recently begun serving our church, Bay Area Fellowship, as Home Team (small group) Coordinators. We receive information from the church of people who need to join a small group, contact them, and place them with a small group from the church that meets their needs. These small groups meet throughout the week enjoying fellowship (hanging out) and Bible study mostly centered on diving deeper into our Pastor's message and how it applies to their lives.

Lately, there has been a need for us to really focus on our purpose as a couple serving God, and that is to strengthen marriages through Christ. For the limited time we have, that means that we need to focus our efforts into Home Teams at BAF and with the FamilyLife Weekend to Remember Getaway in Corpus Christi.

I informed Shawn Albright of my timeline to exit the Core leadership of BAF Men. We had discussed my leaving but never with a timeline. Yesterday, it was decided that I would be out with everything transferred by August 31. In other words, the next batch of BAF Men cards should have a new name in my place (1000 cards), and that I would go as soon as all our current cards were given out.

I am sad to step down, but it is not my ministry to hold onto, but God's and He is calling Liv and I to Home Teams and calling me to allow new blood to come on board in my place with BAF Men. I know that the two ministries will work together in synergy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valuable to me and the discussion of this blog.

Use the "Name/URL" (no need to leave a URL) or "Anonymous" options for commenting.